DevOps Continuous Delivery Architecture (CDA) – Should I get Certified?
A Continuous Delivery Architect (CDA) is a tool-agnostic individual engaged in the design, implementation and management of DevOps deployment pipelines and tool chains that support Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Testing and, potentially, Continuous Deployment. A continuous delivery architect is also involved in defining or integrating underpinning processes, metrics, APIs and cultural considerations. Getting CDA certified prepares any IT professional engaged in the Continuous Delivery value stream. Not only will they know what to expect but could save a lot of time, money and effort to expedite the systems required to deliver.
While earning a CDA Certification is a great compliment to the DevOps Foundation Certification, you might also find that it can help boost your career or prepare you for very needed positions coming up. The information and perspectives that one gains from shared experiences and class discussions is invaluable. Sometimes it is just as valuable to hear from others with experience about how not to proceed. Come prepared to engage.
Learning Objectives: The learning objectives for DevOps Continuous Delivery Architecture (CDA) key takeaways
- The principles of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Continuous Delivery vs. DevOps Continuous Integration practices
- Extending CI to CD
- Principles for architecting a deployment pipeline
- Engaging Ops in Continuous Delivery
- Testing and continuous delivery
- Security and continuous delivery
- Continuous deployment and automated release
- Cultural and people consideration and Change resistance
- Metrics Critical Success Factors, Risks and Challenges, and Getting started
- CDA is intended for development, quality assurance, security and operational professionals who are engaged in end-to-end DevOps software development from idea conception through live production operations.
- Anyone involved in or interested in learning about the principles of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Enterprise architects
- Software developers
- Build engineers
- Release managers and engineers
- Operational and infrastructure teams
- Security professionals
- Testers and QA managers
- IT Managers
- Project Managers
- Maintenance and support staff
The Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course. A nice value add!
For more information on this certification click here.