Many are surprised to learn that ITSM practices ARE compatible with their DevOps pipelines and even more important that they are a critical element in order to ensure the effectiveness, efficiency and the value that is expected. Those that are struggling with silos us vs. them blame games, or roadblocks and impediments for change and test, are shocked to learn how accelerated, modernized ITSM practices can enable their outcomes!
Topics and discussion from a recent ITSM for DevOps class were exciting as practitioners, managers, and leaders discovered together how It is possible to streamline and even automate their ITSM processes and practices so that people don’t even realize that they are executing ITSM processes.
We don’t need to change “what” needs to be accomplished. Policy, Governance, and Compliance are a reality. In order to achieve true value and business outcomes service providers must change the way that they think. A change in thinking provokes a change in how we do work. How we implement ITSM practices must change. The reality is that high-performing organizations aren’t achieving success without ITSM processes. Those that are successful understand ITSM4DO.
ITSM for DevOps introduces ways to achieve both speed and control while driving value across the IT value stream.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this course, the learner will understand:
- How companies are struggling with the technological and human challenges of DevOps transformations
- The role of service management
- How IT service management is viewed as a constraint
- How DevOps introduces new ways of thinking and working
- How to accelerate and automate ITSM processes in support of DevOps
- ITSM process integration and automation
- How to leverage Lean and Agile methods to reduce waste and positively impact both the cost and quality of processes and services
Visit the DevOps Campus at ITSM Academy so you too can…. Educate & Inspire! For all things Agile, Lean, DevOps and ITSM!