What is RCV?
RCV stands for Release, Control and Validate. These are critical activities that are required for every deployment. Proper Release, Control and Validation (RCV) is achieved as a result of integrated process activities. In today's dynamic business climate, service outages cause real bottom line impact to the business. Mature processes are critical in enabling IT organizations to smoothly transition new and changed services into production, helping to ensure stability for IT and the business. The ITIL Capability course, Release, Control and Validation (RCV), provides the best practice process knowledge required to build, test and deploy successful IT services.
RCV is also the name of an ITIL intermediate training and certification. This course provides in-depth knowledge of the ITSM RCV processes that include:
- Change Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Change Evaluation
- Knowledge Management.
- The integrated Service Transition Lifecycle with purpose, objectives and scope
- Activities related to overall transition planning and ongoing support
- Clearly defined roles, responsibilities, handoffs, deliverables, risk …
- Technology and implementation considerations that must be understood
- Challenges, critical success factors and risks associate with RCV that must be identified and controlled.
For more information on RCV please see www.itsmacademy.com/itil-rcv/